New President of the TC of Angola and of the CJCA
On August 19, 2021, the Angolan President appointed Judge Counselor Laurinda Jacinto Prazeres Cardoso President of the Constitutional Tribunal. Ms. Laurinda Cardoso had held the post of Secretary of State for Territorial Administration in April 2020.
The vacancy in the TC comes after the former president, Mr. Manuel Aragão, appointed to this post in 2017, left the post at his request.
Married, two children.
– Law degree, legal option – Economics from the Faculty of Law of the Universidade Agostinho Neto, Angola.
– Certified for the preparation of professional qualifications by MAPESS.
– Post-diploma in Law and Business at the Faculty of Law of the Universidade Agostinho Neto in cooperation with the University of Coimbra.
– October 2017 – Secretary of State for Territorial Administration.
– Portuguese, English and French.